Move your spirit, Move your body

When I took my instructor training our instructor asked each of us which pose we wanted to master.  To my surprise most of the class said headstand.  I used to stand on my head regularly and for lengths of time when I was a child and I do not have a proper explanation for this.  Standing on my head is still easy for me.  The pose I wanted to master was dancer pose.  It is not a pose that comes easy to me and I know I need to retrain my muscles to move into this asana.  I keep practicing.  Today during my yoga practice, as yoga so beautifully informs, I lifted and extended my chest and felt my back foot lift higher.  I was smiling inside and out having such a heart opening experience.
Come experience yoga with all of us at East Bank Yoga
Namaste,
Jill Moncur, RYT-200

Popular posts from this blog